I suggest you ...

Add playback over DLNA

This would enable you to browse content on the Android client and push the content to your DLNA enabled TV or Hifi (or other device). This allows you to use your tablet or phone as a beautiful remote without the need for an extra (hardware) client.

482 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Maarten KlaassenMaarten Klaassen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RoendiRoendi commented  · 

If the Feature is not impelmented, I cant use the Andorid Client.

I Need to use another Client like BubbleUPNP

• NoahNoah commented  · 

Also yes, please consider this.

• kevinkevin commented  · 

Please add please it would
        Make plex the ultimate.

• JonesJones commented  · 

Yes, killer feature! Push music to internet radio in kitchen or music receiver in living room. Or push video to DLNA renderer in TV oder receiver!!!

Vote for this...

• Anonymous commented  · 

2015 guys... Cast Plex to my DLNA HiFi! Please :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please Please add this feature :-)

• JonesJones commented  · 

Please add this feature...

• JoelJoel commented  · 

I just bought and installed the Android app and was frustrated and disappointed that it would not connect to my Onkyo DLNA client, because that is the only reason I bought the app. Please add this capability if possible.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

It would be great if you added this feature. I understand that samsung maybe doens't like the idea, because they prefer that people would use samsung link perhaps?

But Plex is too good, to leave this possibility out. Please add the app.

• ShaZShaZ commented  · 

Great Idea! Add this feature please!

• RubiRubi commented  · 

This would a great feature, add please!

• Ryan BurgettRyan Burgett commented  · 

This is really the only thing that is missing from the Plex app IMO. I am currently having to use Allcast to send PMS content to my LG tv and xbox. It would be great if i didn't have to do this anymore.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This feature I'm really waiting for. I would like to be able to push Plex organized Videos to my WDTV Live.

• Alexander P.Alexander P. commented  · 

This feature is what i search for... Get the media in Plex App and "beam" it to an DLNA renderer (in my case an LG TV - 2013 without native plex support). Still as another option to renderer like chromecast.
        Hope they will implement this feature.

• Ryan FlaglerRyan Flagler commented  · 

Wow, this was requested over a year ago? Here's hoping they still follow these votes.

• SteveDSteveD commented  · 

Fantastic idea and much sought after for those using media players/renderers that do not have native Plex clients (e.g WDLive etc). Would love to use Plex on my Android device to search for, select and 'beam' my media to a selected receiver (al la Twonky Beam style)

• Orion ShockmanOrion Shockman commented  · 

The request here is to turn the Plex Client on a Tablet/Phone into what's called a DLNA Controller. Where if a DLNA Renderer (often a Smart TV that can handle a Plex Client) is commanded to play a video stream from a local DLNA server (aka your Plex Server on the same network).
        The Plex Client acting as a DLNA Controller can also issue the common Play/Pause/RW/FF commands to the DLNA-Enabled TV. So getting it to pause the tv when a call comes in would be viable.. Tho DLNA has been known to be sketchy in this kind of setup.

• CallohaCalloha commented  · 

Excellent idea. Plex is not only a great solution for your media, it initiates simplicity as well. In my opinion, having this option of controlling your home you're really are closing in on a future home with (only) the mobile device in the "middle". The perfect step towards home automation for media.

Need this yesterday :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base